Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter!

With Easter coming up on Sunday, it is amazing to see how fast this semester has gone for me. With these last few weeks coming up, I know that I'm going to be in for a lot of work. Even knowing that though, it is exciting to have another year under my belt. I can imagine that it will feel the same when I am a teacher. If by the end of the year my students have a deeper appreciation for English and reading, my purpose will be fulfilled! The different classes that I have taken this semester have given me so many ideas to use in my classroom. Up until this semester, I had not taken many classes that asked me to step out of my role as a student, and think like a teacher. Having these classes now makes me feel better equipped for teaching. I feel like I have a lot of great ideas that I would like to use and am excited about what lays ahead. Gaining these experiences from professors are so helpful because many of these lesson plans have already been tested, and are successful. I may not use the activities in the same exact fashion that I was introduced, but a little tweaking is never a bad thing. It is important to individualize your lesson plans for each class, because each class is unique. As a teacher, I'll have to figure out what works best for them, even if it means changing a couple things on my behalf (: That's just part of the job!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are having a positive experience. I worry so much about overwhelming you all with so much information. But I agree that you will take what you find beneficial and tweak it as need be. I think that's one of the reasons I asked you to blog, so that you could look back at this. Unlike a word document, you can trace links, images, videos, etc.

    I also think that I will keep the wiki up for a while so that you can continue to track or at least review, other classmates blogs for ideas, inspiration, reminders, etc.

    ReplyDelete